Good Versicherung: The Beginning...

I can now be found over at Fifth Dimensional Tesseract. Sometimes.

05 January 2007

The Beginning...

It is currently just under a week before I leave for Germany and I will not be back to the States until the end of July, just in time to head back to school. I decided that an interesting way to share my experiences with my family and friends in the States was to create an online journal. Taa daa! Here it is.

I suppose that I can start by explaining where I am going to be and what exactly I will be doing (as far as I know right now, that is).

I will be living in the city of Braunschweig, Germany. In English-speaking countries, it is also known as Brunswick. Braunschweig is located in North-Central Germany, a little southeast of Hannover and west-southwest of Berlin, also known as the little red smudge on the map to the right. Braunschweig is home to the Braunschweig Technical University (TUB) and a branch of the Deutches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR) which is the German Aerospace Centre, an institute similar to that of America’s NASA. In the impending months I will be working at the Aerodynamics Institute at the DLR as well as taking a class or two at TUB.

As of the moment, that is about all I know of the particulars, but surely I will be able to apprise you of more details when I arrive in Braunschweig and become acquainted with my life there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay i love journals! woo hoo sounds like your off to a great adventure! best of luck :)

Anonymous said...

As your departure approaches, I am getting so excited for you I could do a little jig while typing. Except jigs are Irish and I have no idea what the German equivalent is......

Congratulations for about the millionth time - I still maintain I will be even more horrendously underqualified to be your flatmate in the fall, so I better get on that and start doing something(s) incredible. Hmmm..... :D