Good Versicherung: How to exit the building.

I can now be found over at Fifth Dimensional Tesseract. Sometimes.

23 March 2007

How to exit the building.

This might not be the more in depth that I promised last time, but what can you do? I had a great long weekend with my father. He was here from Saturday afternoon until Wednesday morning. We spent Monday in Berlin. It was great fun. I will post some of the pictures I took sometime this weekend. Sunday and Tuesday we spent wandering around Braunschweig, including the Herzog-Anton-Ulrich Museum—the local art museum, which, if my memory serves me, is one of the oldest art museums in Europe and houses quite a few lovely paintings from the Dutch Masters period (1600’s to late 1700’s), including some Rembrandts. They also have a gallery with a huge amount of porcelain and other pottery objects. (Grandma and Grandpa: Fürstenberg porcelain in the Rococo style.)

Oh yes, happy belated Spring. The weather here decided to gift us with about six centimetres of snow and then cold, cold rain for the first two days of spring. However, the weather is looking gorgeous for the next week, getting back up into the fifties and sixties.

More travel updates: I have gotten in touch with my friend in Scotland, and she will be in London on Monday week, so I have booked a flight and will meet her there. (I am going to England! Finally!) I will stay for just over a week, which will include Easter Sunday; I am hoping that I will be able to go to my first Easter Service since going to university at one of the great Cathedrals. If any one has some suggestions about day trips out of the city, let me know.

There was just a knock on the door (quite unusual, since I have few visitors, and those that do come, I know are coming, and they generally call me before hand), and there stood a pizza delivery guy who was having some trouble exiting the building. There is a small trick to getting out; you have to turn the handle before you push the door and not just push like a normal door. Anyway, this guy could not figure it out and came around asking for help. I do not know if my door was the first he tried, or if he had gone down the other hall way, but I guess that is what I get for being one of the only people living on the ground floor.

I am looking forward to staying up basically all night to watch basketball. Carolina plays at three in the morning my time. I did not stay up last night to watch the games (had to go to work), but I am sort of sad that I did not, since the two South-bracket games were only won by one point and Kansas only bear Southern Illinois by three. Too bad the Vols lost. Oh well, better luck next time. Hopefully tonight’s games will prove to be just as good.

That is all I have to say for now, but I will post those pictures this weekend. Go Carolina!

No comments: