Good Versicherung: All things come to an end.

I can now be found over at Fifth Dimensional Tesseract. Sometimes.

24 July 2007

All things come to an end.

I am now in that weird transition period. The one that comes when one chapter of your life is closing and the next is starting, but the first has not quite ended yet and the next has yet to start. Because of this, I am bout to be in a some what melancholy mood for the next weeks. It was brought on today by a couple things 1) Today was my last day at work 2) Today was my last day of crew practice. It had not really hit me until I was on the way back from crew that I really liked the people here, and it will be sort of weird never seeing them again, after so much contact for so long. OK, yeah, I knew that I liked them, but I did not think that I would necessarily miss them when I go back to the States. I guess that times like these teach you things about yourself.

The next week will be filled with paperwork, packing, cleaning, and probably not a little boredom. And a lot of good byes and introspective thinking. I am nearly as nervous going back to the States as I was before coming to Germany. They (yes, the infamous they) say that you can never go home and even if I was not convinced of that fact after moving from the Cities, I am sure that I will find plentiful evidence of this when I get back to the States. This is all a part of living, so I expect that this will not be the last time that this will be illustrated to me.

But, after such a lugubrious post, I will end with some things that I am looking forward to:
- Reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the flight home. (I am not even going to buy it until later this week, so there is no temptation to crack it open and get sucked in before I leave.)
- Seeing my Once and Future Flatmate and other friends again.
- Spicy food.
- An oven.
- Getting back to regular workouts. (Yeah, I am that mental.)
- Getting to watch a Twins broadcast on television, and not just the day games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my
blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design.
Thank you

Also visit my website; learn more